Konnichiwa future! Bio Japan and more
Japan, the world's second largest market in the field of biotechnology. Although for a long time considered as a closed market, the Japanese health sector is rapidly expanding and increasingly opening its doors to foreign firms. The phenomenon of a rapidly aging population and the recent deregulation in operation creates a favorable environment for foreign companies’ entry in the Japanese health and care market.
The biotechnology sector is growing each year, and applications related to biomedicines, regenerative medicine and genetic therapies, as well as functional foods represent a high value market for foreign companies.
The sectors targeted are, among others, the ones covered by
Bio Japan 2015 Expo
– Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices
– Drug and Drug Discovery (Small-Molecule Drug, Biologics, Vaccine etc.)
– Medical Treatment, Diagnosis
– Bioinformatics and Bio imaging etc.
For the costs the EU-Japan Centre will cover (info about the trip):
– Tuition fees
– Transfers during group company visits and to/from Yokohama
– “BioJapan” registration fee including access to the exhibition & annex hall
– “BioJapan” access to the partnering area and the partnering system
– “BioJapan” trade fair booth arrangements
– Lunch for 3 days, welcome reception and closing cocktail
A scholarship of EUR 600 is available for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises.
The mission is managed by the EU-Japan Centre and funded by the European Commission
More info on:
June 11, 2015
Peter Bäckström, EEN, for more information.