FREE-TO-PLAY GAME DESIGNER
Ansök senast den 30 januari, 2019
Turborilla, one of Sweden’s leading independent game studios, responsible for the Mad Skills games, is currently looking for a game designer to join our team.
We are looking for a game designer who is passionate about making great free-to-play mobile games in a fast-paced environment with like-minded teammates.
The ideal candidate should be experienced in free-to-play game design and know how to design, pitch and drive the implementation of engaging, detailed, and balanced games systems while managing tight deadlines.
- Design and drive the implementation of entire features and game systems
- Deliver design specifications for player engagement and retention to team
- Develop ideas for gameplay and progression systems throughout the player life-cycle
- Create and tune content to create an accessible yet deep experience for players
- Quickly prototype design ideas in-game and rapidly iterate via playtesting
- Develop data-gathering methods for game balancing and tuning
- Remain updated on current trends and game design strategies
- Proven ability in designing creative and balanced free-to-play games
- A solid understanding of abstracting game mechanics or free-to-play economic modelling
- Experience with integrating metrics and data analytics into free-to-play game design
- Ability to present ideas and features to the team in a clear and understandable way
- Fluent in English
- Minimum one shipped game in the role as a game designer
- Can easily identify and explain any top game's strengths and weaknesses (feel free to include in application)
- Experience from working with Unity
- Fan of motocross or other action sports
What we offer:
- Competitive salary with benefits
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Health benefits & massage
- Company parties & team building events
- 40h work week with a no overtime policy
- 1h health care each week
- Studio breakfast once a week
- Gaming area
The position is full time and permanent (after 6 month of trial employment). The studio is based in Umeå, Sweden which means relocation would potentially be needed.
Umeå is one of Sweden's fastest growing cities. The average age of the nearly 123 000 people who live in Umeå is 38. The goal is to pass 200 000 inhabitants before 2050. The city offers world-class art, drama, films, industries, music and research. The size of the city, the ease of living, and the nearby nature makes it ideal for families.
If efficient game design, work-life balance and doing awesome things in a team of amazing people sound like the next step in your career, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously for this position. In your application, please show us why your previous experiences and skills would work for this role and why you are interested in working with us. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Turborilla might compensate for this.
KontaktinformationSend you CV and a personal letter to firstname.lastname@example.org